Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I go to my obedience class tonight. I meet with a trainer and other puppies and their raisers. We learn the basics, sit, stay, down, heel, here, no, stand and ok. Right now I am working on a formal command for guide dogs "COME" not to be confused with "here." I am to walk to the left side of the person, turn around facing the same direction and sit. Do you wonder why I need to learn this? It is basiclly a command to help my blind partner know exactly where I am so they can put on my harness without poking me in the eye. I won't be coming if I keep getting poked.
My puppy raisers are only to socialize me and teach me the basics and a couple guide dog commands. The professional guide dog trainers don't want puppy raisers to go beyond that. It is very hard to retrain something I have learned that is not proper.

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hogan glad to hear you are learning. Come a visit my studio if you can get your Human to bring you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home