Monday, January 16, 2006

I have been busy with my extra training schedule. My puppy raiser was not kidding when she said we were going to work hard.
I got in trouble. It all began last night around 8PM. I was laying around got bored and went out in the backyard and noticed some new smells. Lucky for me the garden gate was closed but not latched. Gates are easy for me to open so I left the backyard. That is a huge "no no" for guide dogs in training but I went anyways. I ran to the vacant lot, down the street to my friends house then back up the street. Thank goodness the neighbors put in a new lighted water fountain and outdoor lighting because it was very dark. I had myself a little drink and started to explore. New things to smell were all around. Some of them gave me something to think about.....am I safe, what are those animals that look like dogs but howl a lot, what about those foul smelling black and white cats, or those furry ones with a mask on, what's up with them? Just when the fur on my back went up my puppy raiser came outside and called my name. I ran home so fast I almost didn't make the corner into my house. You would think that I would have been in the dog house for my bad behavior but all I got was praise for coming right home when I was called..... I am one lucky black lab. But now there is a new thing on my training schedule.

Oh by the way, guide dog puppies in training sleep in crates in the puppy raisers bedroom. That way when I am a guide my partner will have me in a crate and know right where I am at night. They also tell me that my partner can decide to let me sleep on the bed with them. Hope GDA pairs me up with a person who likes company at night....

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Sandra Mae Weir said...

Hogan,glad you came home when you where called.. lets do coffee in the morning no need to go out the gate.. I already got the o.k. from that nice human you live with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home