I have one more week with my puppy raisers before I go back to Guide Dogs of America. When I arrive back the vets will test me to make sure I am in good shape for the rigorous training I will be put through with the professional trainers. I am going to miss my home here. I will remember when I first arrived here, Natasha sat on the floor and held and played with me all weekend long. I will remember James coming over to run around and play with me, and Cameron who would call me by clicking and then letting me lick his face (actually he would try to push me away from his face) when I should have licked his hands. Then there was Dan who played rough and tumble with me and scratched my back even though he is allergic to dog fur and Sue who would play with me on the steep driveway. I always looked forward to seeing Sandra come in the door she made me feel happy and I would wag my tail and she would pat my head, she just looked out for me and wants me to always do my best. Then there was Kristin and Jed who live far away who came and played with me, Kristin would lay on my bed and snuggle with me and Jed would play fetch. So you see I have many humans who love me who I will have in my heart forever, they are the ones who have made me the dog I am and I am grateful. As for my puppy raisers they love me and I know I can come home if I do not make it as a guide or they will be there at GDA graduation to proudly sit and watch and to send me on my way as a GUIDE DOG.....

1 Comments:
So proud of you Hogan, you are a great boy! This adventure with you has been fun to watch.
It was wonderful for your puppy raisers, they have leaned a lot too. Thank you for working so hard, we know you can make it all the way!
Post a Comment
<< Home